St. Aldates House is our accommodation for Sixth Form students who want to live in the heart of Oxford. Students will be close to shops, restaurants and all that the city centre has to offer.
- Situated in the centre of Oxford City
- 30 minutes by bus to the Sixth Form buildings at 333 Banbury Road (public transport)
- 50 students
- All single rooms en-suite
- Separate girls and boys floors in the house
- Two resident houseparents
- Communal facilities include common room, kitchens and dining area, laundry room
- Laundry room for personal laundry. Bed linen is provided and washed out of house
- Study period Monday to Thursday evenings 7 – 9pm
- Bicycle storage
- There is a school nurse in case anyone feels unwell
- Breakfast and dinner provided at school; students can opt-in for lunch
- Wi-fi access throughout the House
- Curfew 10pm Sunday to Thursday and 11pm on Friday & Saturday
- Bed time/House Quiet 10.15pm Sunday to Thursday and 11.15pm Friday and Saturday
- Free time to sign out of the House after 9pm and at weekends
- We are not able to accommodate students at d’Overbroeck’s during half terms and holidays. Student guardians are asked to make arrangements for these occasions
Meet our Head of House: Sofia
I’m Sofia, Head of House at St. Aldates. Growing up, my home was a host family residence for d’Overbroeck’s students, so helping to make students feel at home in a new environment is something I feel well-versed in. I got my first taste working for d’Overbroeck’s in 2014 when I helped out with the Summer School, and began my role as Day Matron in October 2020; I am very excited to begin my role as Head of House in January and am looking forward to creating a real sense of community within the house, spending time together and facilitating activities during free time in the evenings and weekends.
I completed my undergraduate degree in Theatre and Performance, but have always loved working with young people in a variety of settings. In my free time I love getting involved with all things theatre (both watching and performing!), baking, and spending time with my friends, family, and dogs.