Ted McGrath - Head of The International School
A warm welcome to d'Overbroeck's International School
d’Overbroeck's is an independent school in Oxford offering an exceptional academic and extra-curricular programme. Our programmes provide excellent opportunities for individual growth through shared values and an ethos of commitment to each other.
- We are a small International School community with 102 students from 23 countries this year. We pride ourselves on the quality of education we provide, not just in terms of our excellent teaching and outstanding exam results, but in the care we take of our students pastorally.
- At d’Overbroeck’s we will help you prepare for academic success in the English education system. On one of our IGCSE programmes, and in a small, caring atmosphere, our specialist teachers will help you improve your spoken and written English and teach you a full range of academic subjects.
- To parents, guardians and agents, I would like to say that we will send you regular updates regarding your child’s progress. We will get in touch to let you know about all their successes, not just problems. Please feel you can contact me any time to discuss anything or to ask questions.
- Like the rest of d’Overbroeck’s we are more relaxed and informal than a traditional school. Students call their teachers by their first names, wear a “light touch” uniform and do not have to attend chapel or take part in traditional team games. However, the academic rigour of our courses and the high standards of pastoral care here are second to none. Additionally, students will benefit from living and studying in our wonderful facilities here in the centre of Oxford. Living in Oxford is an exciting experience and we will help you to get the most out of it, taking part in activities across the whole school with the British students and joining in the wider life of this world-famous university city.
- You are welcome to visit any time and I look forward to meeting you and showing you the school.
- Starts: Tue 03 Sep 2019
- Half-term: Fri 18 Oct - Mon 28 Oct 2019
- Ends: Fri 13 Dec 2019
- Starts: Mon 06 Jan 2020
- Half-term: Fri 14 Feb - Sun 23 Feb 2020
- Ends: Fri 03 Apr 2020
- Starts: Mon 27 Apr 2020
- Half-term: Sat 23 May - Sun 31 May 2020
- Ends: Fri 03 Jul 2020
- Fri 08 May 2020*
*Changed date from 04 May due to the 75th Anniversary of VE day
Other important information.
Current staff vacancies
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join both our teaching body and our support staff. View our current vacancies here.
Hire our venues
We are accredited by several independent school associations in the UK, including the Boarding Schools Association.
Policies, inspections & accreditations
We have a number of school rooms available to hire for events throughout the year.