- A new, purpose-built building
- 60 students
- All twin rooms en-suite
- Separate girls and boys sides of the house with a communal area connecting the two
- Two resident houseparents
- Communal facilities include common room, kitchen, dining area and terrace
- Laundry room for personal laundry. Bed linen is provided and washed out of house
- Study period Monday to Thursday evenings 7 – 9pm
- Located directly opposite the Sixth Form buildings at 333 Banbury Road
- Bicycle storage
- Breakfast and dinner provided at school; students can opt-in for lunch
- Wi-fi access throughout the House
- Curfew 10pm Sunday to Thursday and 11pm on Friday & Saturday
- Bed time/House Quiet 10.15pm Sunday to Thursday and 11.15pm Friday and Saturday
- Free time to sign out of the House after 9pm and at weekends
- We are not able to accommodate students at d’Overbroeck’s during half terms and holidays. Student guardians are asked to make arrangements for these occasions
Meet our Head of House: Hannah Mungall
I’m Hannah, Head of Islip House and Pastoral Mentor for the Sixth Form. I have been working at d’Overbroeck’s for 20 years now, d’Overbroeck’s is in my blood!
I have had the privilege of watching d’Overbroeck’s change and grow into what the school has become now. I started at d’Overbroeck’s on reception but have been working in the sixth form pastoral team for 11 years so have lots of experience of working with and caring for young people. As the schools boarding provision has expanded I took on the challenge of becoming Head of House at Islip in September 2019. I love my job, working with a variety of young people is very rewarding and so much fun!
I think it’s important for students to be able to be themselves, do well academically and grow into well-rounded young people. At Islip we have a real sense of community and we become a family; we work together and play together and relax together. We keep students busy in their free time with activities running in the house most weekends.
I live in Islip with my husband and cavapoo puppy Darcie and love cooking and baking as well as long walks with Darcie.
Read about our other boarding houses: