Students at Wyvill Court live in pods, each with a shared communal space. The accommodation is close to the city centre and all it has to offer, including shops, restaurants and transport links.
- Located only 15 minutes’ walk from Oxford city centre
- 25 male and female students living in single sex ‘pods’
- Each pod has 5 or 6 students who share a communal space where they can prepare snacks, and laundry facilities
- Mostly single rooms with shared bathrooms
- Students eat all meals at the school
- A residential Head of House supported by a Boarding Assistant
- Study period Monday to Thursday evenings at 7pm
- Set curfew appropriate for the student’s age Sunday to Thursday, an hour later on Friday & Saturday
- School bus every day take students to school (10 minute bus journey)
- All rooms have wi-fi access
- Bicycle storage
- Students cannot stay at any time outside the usual school term. Student guardians are required to make arrangements for these occasions
Meet our Head of House: Sarah
Early on in my career I was a netball and hockey coach and umpire, I worked in school PE departments and taught outdoor activities. I took a career break to do an RHS level 2 in Horticulture, and this led to running my own gardening business for a few years. More recently I worked for a Special Needs Boarding School in Wiltshire where I worked with all aspects of special needs. In this role I was able to support boarders and day students in their studies mainly on a 1:1 basis. The variety in education roles I have had plus having my own family has always given me strong pastoral skills which I am putting into practice in my current role.
I have been Head of House at Wyvill Boarding House since September 2020, where I enjoy welcoming our International students and seeing them settle in well. I have many ideas and ensure I support each and every student here.
In my spare time I love cycling, I have many adventures on my bike, including cycling tours in Europe, I am currently planning a big trip for next year. I enjoy training on the cycle routes here in Oxford and along the canals. I enjoy most sports and have recently taken up rowing.
Read more about our other boarding houses: