- Located in a lovely Old Priory, outside the city in beautiful countryside
- 15 minutes by bus to the International School buildings at 111 Banbury Road (school bus provided)
- 53 students
- Most rooms are single and twin; all with shared bathroom facilities. One room of 4.
- Separate girls and boys sides in the house
- Communal facilities include common rooms, classrooms and large outside spaces
- Study period Monday to Thursday evenings at 7pm
- Students eat all meals at the school
- Wi-fi access throughout the House
- There is a school nurse in case anyone feels unwell
- Set curfew appropriate for the student’s age Sunday to Thursday, an hour later on Friday & Saturday
- Students cannot stay at any time outside the usual school term. Student guardians are required to make arrangements for these occasions
Meet our Head of House (Blenheim): Manuel
Manuel is our Head of House for St. Philip’s.
Manuel was born in Spain, where he studied a BA in Early Years Education and a MA in Psychology research, both of them at the University of Extremadura.
He came to the UK to work in Boarding in 2016, and since then, he has been worked in Schools in the UK and Switzerland. Manuel joined d’Overbroeck’s in January 2020, when he was appointed as a Head of House.
He has also gone through training at the Boarding Schools’ Association, completing the Advanced Certificate Course in Pastoral Care and Boarding Management, normally a 2 year course, in just one year. He is now a Boarding Accredited Practitioner Level 2. He has also recently started studying for the Leadership Diploma.
Manuel loves this job because it is a way for him to teach life skills using the best example and the best practice. He aims to crate a place that his students can call home, promoting a strong connection between students and boarding staff. He feels the international exposure he is experiencing as an enriching time to learn things from other cultures and settings.
Read more about our other boarding houses: