Joining our school community
We are delighted that you are considering d’Overbroeck’s for your education. At d’Overbroeck’s, we pride ourselves on our warm and welcoming approach – from the first moment you contact the school to your first day and beyond, we do everything we can to ensure that joining our school is a great experience for your whole family.
Our application process broadly consists of five steps. At the third step, you will follow the admissions journey for the relevant part of d’Overbroeck’s that you are applying to; either Years 7-11, The International School or the Sixth Form.
If you are ready to apply, please click the button below to start your application. Alternatively, you can make an enquiry to find out more about d’Overbroeck’s using our Enquiry Form.
Step 1: Discover d'Overbroeck's
We are always happy to speak with families and will be delighted to answer any questions you may have about joining our school community.
The first step is to complete our Enquiry Form to register your interest. Once this is received, our Admissions Team will be in touch to discuss our admissions journey with you in more detail. We offer meetings over the telephone, online and in-person.
The best way to experience what makes d’Overbroeck’s so special is to attend one of our open events. We run a range of open events for each part of the school throughout the year, where you’ll have the opportunity to speak to some of our subject teachers and students about life at d’Overbroeck’s.
Step 2: Make an application
When you are ready to apply, please complete our Application Form. The following documents will be required:
- a colour copy of your passport photo page
- recent school reports or transcripts (in English)
- if applying to our International School or Sixth Form: a short personal statement
- if applicable: specialist reports relating to your learning development needs
You will also be required to pay our registration fee (£125).
Once you have submitted your application, a member of our Admissions Team will be in touch to discuss the next steps in the process with you.
Step 3: Your admissions journey
Upon receipt of your application and accompanying documents, you will then follow the relevant admissions journey for the part of d’Overbroeck’s that you are applying to. These are summarised below:
- arrange to visit us on a school day for a tour and interview with a member of our Years 7-11 Senior Leadership Team
- attend a Taster Day
- complete our entrance exams in English and Maths
- we will also contact your current school for a reference
- submit a personal statement
- complete our online entrance exams in English and Maths
- complete an interview with a member of our International School Senior Leadership Team
- complete an interview with a member of our Sixth Form Senior Leadership Team
- international students will also be required to sit our online entrance exams in English and Maths
Step 4: Receive an offer
An offer of a place will be dependent on a combination of factors such as your current school reports, entrance exam results and interview (where applicable). If you meet our entry requirements, we’d be delighted to offer you a place!
All offers are in place for 3-4 weeks to allow you time to respond.
Step 5: Prepare to join us
We understand that joining a new school can be a daunting experience for students as well as parents, and we offer many opportunities to help families prepare and settle in.
Some of these include our annual Year 7 Transfer Day at Years 7-11, our online New Student Transition programme at The International School, and our Lower Sixth Transition Day at the Sixth Form. The first week of term also includes various induction activities across our sites to help students to get to know each other, familiarise themselves with their surroundings and get to know their Form Tutor or Director of Studies.
Ahead of joining d’Overbroeck’s, we will also be in touch with all the relevant information you’ll need to help you prepare for the start of term and to make the best start with your studies.