Joining our Sixth Form
In addition to our own Year 11s, we welcome around 130 students from other schools to our Sixth Form each year. We would strongly encourage you to come and visit us as early as possible. Usually, you would come to an Open Event first and then follow this up with an individual visit on a school day – although we’re happy to arrange for you to do this the other way around.
"Everyone at d'Overbroeck's has an amazing ability to encourage each other to do their best and the environment is brilliant for allowing people to get to where they would like to be or even further."
The application process
Our application process is designed to get to know you as an individual and for you to find out more about being part of the d'Overbroeck's community.
Our Sixth Form entry requirements are dependent on whether you are a UK or international applicant:
- Six grade 6s at GCSE or equivalent
- At least a grade 6 at GCSE will be required in any subject that you want to study at A-Level
- At least a grade 7 in GCSE Maths to study Maths A-Level or at least a grade 8/9 for Further Maths
- Minimum grade 4 at GCSE in both Maths and English
- Local equivalent of six grade 6s at GCSE
- Students whose first language is not English must also demonstrate at least upper B2 or above on the Common European Framework (IELTS 6 or 6.5 and above in all skills). Please note that international students are expected to continue with English as an Additional Language in the Sixth Form to support their other studies.
- International students will usually be required to sit our entrance exams in English and Maths
We always consider students on their own merits and based on their own individual circumstances.