Mark Olejnik - Head of Years 7-11
A warm welcome to d'Overbroeck's Years 7-11.
d’Overbroeck's is an independent school in Oxford offering an exceptional academic and extra-curricular programme. Our programmes provide excellent opportunities for individual growth through shared values and an ethos of commitment to each other.
- We have been described as “a school of energy, laughter and achievement” and that’s true – but d’Overbroeck’s is also a school where people matter and where we want everyone to thrive. A successful education to us is also a happy one where you can grow and be your own person.
- We are Oxford’s only fully co-educational independent school from age 11 through to Sixth Form. Our aim is for every one of our students to meet his or her personal potential. That journey begins in Year 7 (or in Year 9 for those joining us from Prep schools), where this potential is identified, challenged and given every opportunity to grow. At the heart of our ethos is the knowledge and celebration of each of our students as an individual. Our consistently proven academic excellence comes as a result of this ethos, as does our community of students who are engaged, happy and at ease with themselves and their peers.
- For example, teachers and students use first name terms. Why? Because we want to have conversations with people, to encourage them to ask questions, to discuss their work openly and to share ideas.
- We also have a light touch uniform. Why? Because we are not expecting everyone to be exactly the same but like them to be themselves.
- We teach in small classes up to 15 or 16. Why? So we really get to know students and they have the space and time to discuss and be involved.
- Our Years 7 to 11 school is on a different site to our Sixth Form. Why? because it allows our students to grow at their own speed in the right environment for this age group before moving on to a dedicated Sixth Form teaching centre. The result is a happy, busy and extremely successful environment which values learning, curiosity and happiness.
- d’Overbroeck’s has always been a place of positive relationships and shared purpose; a place where academic and extra-curricular achievement, personal development and hearty laughter all come on the same wavelength. And we do our best to ensure that this is always the case!
- Starts: Tue 03 Sep 2019
- Half-term: Fri 18 Oct - Mon 28 Oct 2019
- Ends: Fri 13 Dec 2019
- Starts: Mon 06 Jan 2020
- Half-term: Fri 14 Feb - Sun 23 Feb 2020
- Ends: Fri 03 Apr 2020
- Starts: Mon 27 Apr 2020
- Half-term: Sat 23 May - Sun 31 May 2020
- Ends: Fri 03 Jul 2020
- Fri 08 May 2020*
*Changed date from 04 May due to the 75th Anniversary of VE day
Other important information.
Current staff vacancies
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join both our teaching body and our support staff. View our current vacancies here.
Hire our venues
We are accredited by several independent school associations in the UK, including the Boarding Schools Association.
Policies, inspections & accreditations
We have a number of school rooms available to hire for events throughout the year.