The following is an overview of our entry requirements. If you have any questions about these requirements or admissions to d’Overbroeck’s Sixth Form in general, then please do not hesitate to contact our Senior Registrar, Mrs Lynne Berry, either by email or by calling 01865 688 600.
- Students are usually expected to have achieved 6 ‘B’ grades (grade 6) at GCSE or equivalent for entry to the Sixth Form
- At least a grade 6 at GCSE will be required in any subject that a student wishes to continue studying in the Sixth Form (please refer to the relevant subject profiles for any additional subject-specific recommendations)
- All students will be expected to have achieved at least a grade 4 at GCSE in both Maths and English
- Students who wish to study A Level Maths will be required to gain at least a grade 7 in GCSE Maths; students wishing to study Further Maths will be required to have achieved a grade 8 or 9
- International students who are studying for qualifications other than GCSEs will be expected to achieve results that are equivalent to the above
- Students whose first language is not English must also demonstrate at least an upper intermediate level of English, equivalent to at least upper B2 or above on the Common European Framework (IELTS 6.0 / 6.5 and above in all skills).
- International students will usually be required to sit our online entry tests in English and Maths
- Candidates will be expected to attend for a personal interview, although Skype interviews can be arranged where necessary for international students who are unable to attend in person
- For all candidates joining us from other schools, we will request a reference from the current school, and this will be taken into account when the application is considered.