Students who are younger than 15 or whose English is weaker may take the IGCSE course in the normal two years instead of one year. In the first year, students follow a study programme which consists of intensive general and academic English as well as
- Science (combined Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- Introduction to Humanities & Social Sciences
- French or German
- Extended Project Award
- Personal, Social and Health Education (the Excelsis Award)
The Two Year IGCSE course covers a wide-range of subjects at an introductory level. It allows students to develop their language skills across the curriculum, raises awareness about the range of subjects available whilst increasing their understanding of the British education system. The course design is influenced by the IB Middle Years programme.
- Improve your English so you will be able to do well at IGCSE. This is essential for doing well in the UK education system
- Learn to work independently. Through project based assignments and team work activities, you will learn to work on your own organising people to work together and learning to conduct and write up your mini-research project
- Develop important life-skills, including organisation and time-management. You will develop self-discipline by learning to complete work to deadlines
- Take practice exams. You will learn how the UK exam system works and receive expert guidance from our teachers to ensure you achieve your potential
- Learn about British culture. Both inside and outside the classroom you will find out about culture and life in the UK today
- Become a global citizen. By living alongside students from the UK and around the world, you will build cultural awareness skills and become a global citizen.
Throughout the course, we will discuss your interests and aims with you and help you decide which IGCSE subjects to choose when you move on to the second year of your course.