Developing essential study skills necessary for success at A Level or IB – and beyond – is one of the reasons why we hope you will join us here at d’Overbroeck’s International School.
In your time here, you will also:
- Develop excellent general and academic English skills. You will learn to follow lessons, understand complex ideas, take notes and write essays in good English.
- Learn to complete independent research, plan extended projects and manage your time effectively by working to deadlines.
- Take practice exams and learn from feedback. Your teachers will guide you on what you need to do next to reach the best grades possible.
- Achieve internationally recognised qualifications. Our teachers are experts in preparing our students for IGCSEs and our students achieve excellent results, giving them more options for their future. Take a look at our results to see how well our students perform and their university destinations.
- Learn about British and global culture. Both inside and outside the classroom you will learn about life in the UK and compare different global perspectives with your classmates.
- Build a foundation for future study and life whether at A level or IB. Our teachers will give you expert guidance on the next stages in your studies, helping you to choose subjects, writing personal statements and preparing you for interviews.
- Learn outside class too. We encourage students to take part in Olympiads and competitions in their favourite subjects and make the most of all the cultural events offered in the world-famous university city of Oxford.
- Be helped as an individual. If you need extra support, we will provide additional coaching through our Independent Learning Skills Workshops. Here we give individually tailored help with organisation, study skills or specific issues such as reading speed. We can also provide extra one-to-one subject tuition if necessary.