d’Overbroeck’s is a British School with a global outlook. We have over 500 day and boarding students aged 11 to 18, 60% of whom are from the UK. We have over 30 different nationalities at the school, which ensures we create an environment that develops global citizens.
We have always welcomed students from around the world to study alongside our UK students and in celebration of our 40th anniversary and of our commitment to global education in what are challenging times around the world, we are delighted to introduce our 2017 Friendship Ambassador Awards.
These are generous awards of up to £6,000 are for the first year of a student’s time at d’Overbroeck’s International Section. If you are excited by the idea of studying in the UK and if you want to play an active role in school life, this award could be for you.
We are looking for students who have a good academic background. This will be assessed by looking at your school reports, your school references and how you do in our English and Maths tests.
Students should also be:
- enthusiastic about studying at a British school and looking forward to studying with students from around the world
- excited about making a contribution to life at the school
- eager to become involved in sports, activities and events
Students should also enjoy meeting and talking to people. This is because, as an Ambassador, they will meet families and show them around the school for us.
If you would like to apply to be one of our Ambassadors, please complete the online application form and include a personal statement in which you should tell us:
- What you have done at school in your own country that shows some of the qualities shown above, For example have you represented your school in an activity? Have you given a presentation to your class? Are you a member of a club?
- Do you have a hobby you are passionate about? Have you travelled a lot? Do you like meeting new people from around the world? Tell us why you would enjoy joining us and working with others.
- The Application Form will ask you to attach copies of your school records (translated), exam results if you have them, and a copy of the photo page of your passport. If you have certificates showing your level of English language you can include these too but we will test your English language as part of the assessment.
All applicants will be interviewed but the interview can be by Skype if you cannot visit the school.
In what are difficult times around the world d’Overbroeck’s is determined to maintain a community of students from around the world working with our UK students to help promote a better global world. If you think you would like to be a part of this apply now for our Friendship Ambassador Award.