What are the benefits of the award?
Through undertaking the DofE award, you will gain and develop the skills and attitudes needed to become a more rounded, confident person; qualities to which colleges, universities and employers are attracted.
You will gain:
- A sense of identity
- A sense of responsibility
- Time management
- The ability to learn from and give to others in the community
- New friendships
- Problem solving, presentation and communication skills
- Leadership and team-working skills
For more information on the award, visit the DofE website: www.dofe.org
When can I start?
The Bronze Award can begin when a student is in Year 9.
The Silver Award can begin when a student is in Year 10.
The Gold Award is only available to students in the Sixth Form and can be started at age 16 or at the start of Year 12.
- Volunteering – give back to the community
- Physical – get fit and active
- Skills – learn something new
- Expedition – go on an adventure
- Residential (Gold only) – learn and socialise in a new setting