Monitoring & Feedback
To make strong progress and reach your potential, it's vital that you receive regular, extensive and constructive feedback on your work.
As a student at d'Overbroeck's, what feedback will you receive?
Direct feedback from teachers
- As you'll be taught in consistently small classes, it's easy to ask questions, and you'll receive plenty of individual attention.
- You'll always be able to approach you teachers for extra help – whether staying after class to ask questions, or chatting in the common room over lunch. Because we're a dedicated Sixth Form environment, we're able to remove many of the barriers that might otherwise divide students from teachers.
To supplement the comprehensive feedback you'll receive on the work you hand in, we provide regular written feedback in the following ways:
- We monitor and assess homework performance every two weeks, keeping track of your effort and attainment. We let you know how you're doing and discuss your progress and any possible problem areas. This way, you don't have to wait for a termly report to review your progress.
- You receive regular grade predictions (as do your parents, who are involved in the process) – so you can tell whether or not you're on track to achieve the results you're aiming for.
- We give you a comprehensive formal report three times a year. This provides in-depth, detailed information about
- your performance in class
- the quality of your homework and the effort you have put in
- your overall level of attainment in each subject
- recommended actions to improve your performance
- In between these full reports, we prepare short reports summarising progress.
As you can see, we provide you with plenty of feedback. At all times during your Sixth Form, you should know how you are performing, and be aware of the areas on which you need to focus.
Ongoing support from your Director of Studies
Your Director of Studies will work with you – one-to-one – to help you study effectively, organise your time and balance your commitments. He or she will go over your reports with you in person, as well as regularly meeting you at other times.